User talk:Weather Top Wizard
Mālō ʻa e ngaahi kupu foʻou. Kā kātaki, manatuʻi ko e sipela totonu.
Toe mālō ʻa e ngaahi kupu foʻou. Ka manatuʻi ko e fakauʻa [ʻ] ʻoku ʻikai tatau ki he fakaʻilonga ʻo e lea hiki [‘....‘]. Taimi e niʻihi mahalo pē ʻenau ʻasi ʻoku meimei tatau, ka ʻoku kehe ʻaupito.
- Hoko: ko e lea fakatonga, ʻoku ʻikai ngāueʻaki: magma, ka makavai; igneous -> fakamakaafi; metamorphic -> ʻosi liliu; sedimentary -> totoka; collide ->fepaki; plate -> peleti; amorphous -> fuonoa; weathering -> fakongosia; 'Iunaiteti Siteiti -> Puleʻanga fakatahataha ʻAmelika; mo e hā fua. ʻIkai mahino? Faʻu ha ngaahi kupu ʻoku fakamatala ʻa e ʻū lea koʻeni.
Ko 'māmani', ko hono kalama tatau ki he ngaahi hingoa; ʻoku ʻikai ngāuʻaki 'e' (
ko e māmani)
- ʻOku ʻi ai ʻa e ngaahi kupu ʻe niʻihi (ʻaia: Foʻi maka) ʻoku fuʻu lahi honau hala; kātaki: lau pea tuku. --Tauʻolunga (talk) 08:20, 13 Sānuali 2020 (UTC)
I doubt it that you are a native speaker of Tongan; that is not a sin (I am neither), but it should not lead to articles that are often too incomprehensible and full with language errors. I am also worried about the level. This is supposed to be a encyclopedia, not a booklet for primary school children. So please… --Tauʻolunga (talk) 06:19, 16 Sānuali 2020 (UTC)
- Response: I am not native Tongan language speaker, I just doing help this language Wikipedia to add certain basic articles. However, because the Internet have less resources of Tongan language, so it much common in those articles with word errors and sentences errors, eventually there also have many words are not localized in Tongan Language, although those words in Tongan Language would be the loanwords, find the word's meaning in Tongan language dicitionary so much difficult, many are not available in Tongan Language dictionary website, it very limited and only contained hundreds to less one thousand of words, compare a few of South Pacific languages (e.g. Hawaiian) which have sufficent resource available. sorry for bring many words to difficult of understanding, there will become harsh working in this Wikipedia, finding those words in Tongan Language would be big deal.
Besides, I am working at searval language of Wikipedias, mainly working Parific Rim Language Wikipedias.
You are looking those words how meaning in Tongan Language, those words seems difficult understand and wrong means for these words.
Is there of the dictionary websites which currently available and abundant word entries? Also can you provide Tongan language dictionary websites with links. Weather Top Wizard (talk) 09:05, 16 Sānuali 2020 (UTC)
- C. Maxwell Churchward's Tongan-English Dictionary is still the authority, even if it is a half century old. Most online versions, however, contain only a fraction of its rich contents.
- Yes the problem is known that Tongan is not a technical language. Many words from English have been Tonganised to fill this gap. But still there are many cases that there are very decent Tongan words available, but people just tend to be too lazy to look them up. --Tauʻolunga (talk) 05:33, 17 Sānuali 2020 (UTC)
I am sorry but your last 3 articles (sun, moon, nature) were so full with syntax and grammar errors that they were beyond salavation, they were to be deleted. In addition they also were so unintelligible, that I could not understand the points you wanted to make. Not that your previous articles are much better, but at least some parts of them are understandable and maybe someone some day will improve them. --Tauʻolunga (talk) 07:28, 18 Sānuali 2020 (UTC)
- Response: I recreated those article as stubs, also slightly improved those articles words and grammars, as stubs, it seen can retectantly pass this language's Wikipedia quality.
I do not doubt your goodwill, those recreated articles were somewhat more intelligible than the previous versions, but still not enough. This would be more or less how a Tongan speaker would understand the 'laʻā' article translated back into English:
- The sun the star in the middle of the program of [unknown word]. A [unknown word] almost perfect its obtaining, with [unknown word] movement to above it brings a generating magnetic villagesquare to give direction in a system [unknown word]. It is very enormously important origin place power for the life the world.
Being able to look up words in a dictionary is not enough to write a good article. Take 'malaʻe', you translated that from 'field', probably what your dictionary gave without much consideration. But in reality a 'malaʻe' is a place where a Kanokupolu king held audience. As such it it is used for the village square. A field in the village. Nowadays the word is also used for a sports field (malaʻe sipoti) and the like. But not the field of science, or electric field. There is no real expression for that in Tongan. Just say 'in science' rather than 'in the field of science'. For magnetic field, no one has thought about that, maybe 'paenga fakamakineti'.
There is also grammer to be considered, such as adjectives after the noun, etc.
As example I rewrote your article ʻuha in better Tongan. But it remains primary school level, not informative encyclopedia quality. But I do not have the wish to rewrite or improve all your articles, it is really too much work for too little result. Please do not contribute anymore to this wiki. --Tauʻolunga (talk) 06:30, 19 Sānuali 2020 (UTC)