Tau talanoa ki he wiki koʻeni. ʻOua te ke mā, tānaki haʻo lau ʻi he pēsí ni (kau ʻetita ʻoku kau ki ai pē). Kā ko e laupisi, kapekape, mo e hā fua, ʻe toʻo kinautolu.
Lea fakatonga pē [fatuʻi vahe]
ʻIo, kae kapau ʻoku ʻi ai ha kupu fakamānako maʻa e kau muli, tānaki foki ʻa e kupu ʻi he lea fakapilitania. ʻOku sai ʻa e kupu nounou, ʻoku sai ange ʻa e kupu kakato. Vakai ki he tokoni maʻa ʻene fēfē.
Sipela totonu [fatuʻi vahe]
Kātaki ngāueʻaki ʻa e sipela totonu: ʻa e ʻū fakauʻa, toloi mo e fakamamafa, hangē naʻe tuʻutuʻuni ia ʻi he tikisinale ʻo Churchward. Ko e tohi ʻilo, ko Wikipedia ia, ʻe pau ke faʻifaʻitakiʻanga moʻotautolu ʻa e ngaahi kupu ʻeni hangē ha tohi fakamoʻoniʻanga. ʻIo, ko koe, kātaki tokoni mai ʻi hono ngāue fatu fakaleleiange.
ʻOua ʻe ngāueʻaki koe mo e palausa motuʻa, ko ia MS Internet explorer. ʻOku ʻikai lava ia ʻo ʻasi ha fakauʻa. ʻOku ʻi ai lahi palausa foʻou, taʻetotongi. Feinga ko Firefox.
Fealēleaʻaki [fatuʻi vahe]
Ko e tohi hokohoko ʻo e ngaahi fealēleaʻaki kehekehe ʻoku lolotonga pea kuo hili Wikipedia talk:Mumui Tupouʻila Mapatongiamanu
Liliu fakatonga [fatuʻi vahe]
ʻOku lahi ngaahi kupu ʻi he Wikipedia fakapilitania ʻe pau ke liliu ʻi he lea fakatonga. ʻIo, ko koe, kātaki tokoni mai ʻi hono ngāue fatu fakaleleiange. Kamata mo e hokohoko koʻeni. ʻOsi he kupu, toʻo ia mei he lisí ni.
- en:Aitu → ʻAitu
- en:Hikule'o → Hikuleʻo
- en:Kohai, Koau, mo Momo → Kohai, Koau mo Momo
- en:Laufakana'a → Laufakanaʻa
- en:Maui (Tongan mythology) → Maui
- en:Sangone → Sāngone
- en:Seketo'a → Seketoʻa
- en:Tamapo'uli'alamafoa → Tamapoʻuliʻalamafoa
- en:Tangaloa (Tongan mythology) → Tangaloa
- en:'Aho'eitu → ʻAhoʻeitu
The LocalisationUpdate extension has gone live [fatuʻi vahe]
The LocalisationUpdate extension is now enabled for all Wikimedia projects. From now on new localisations that become available in SVN will become available to your project within 24 hours. Your localisations get into SVN from translatewiki.net typically within a day and at worst in two days. This is a huge improvement from the old practice where the localisations became available with new software. This could take weeks, even months.
The localisations done by our community at translatewiki.net are committed to SVN typically every day. When the system messages in English are the same as the local messages, they will now be inserted in a file and are available for use in all our projects in a timely manner
What this means for you [fatuʻi vahe]
Local messages have an impact on the performance of our system. It is best when messages are as much as possible part of the system messages. In order to remove unnecessary duplication, all the messages that have a local localisation and are exactly the same as the system message will be removed. What we ask you to do is to compare and proof read the messages in translatewiki.net and the local messages. You can then either remove local messages when the translatewiki.net message is to be preferred or, you can update the message at translatewiki.net.
Messages that are specific to your project will have to stay as they are. You do want to check if the format and the variables of the message are still the same.
Why localise at translatewiki.net [fatuʻi vahe]
When you localise at translatewiki.net, your messages will be used in all Wikimedia projects and eventually in all MediaWiki based projects. This is how we provide the standard support for your language. When messages change, at translatewiki.net you will be prompted to revisit your translations. Localising is more efficient because we have innovated the process to make you more efficient; there is text explaining about messages and we have applied AJAX technology to reduce the number of clicks you have to make.
Translatewiki.net update [fatuʻi vahe]
- Currently 38.31% of the MediaWiki messages and 1.03% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Please help us help your language by localising and proof reading at translatewiki.net. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM 19:55, 30 Sēpitema 2009 (UTC)
- Currently 37.81% of the MediaWiki messages and 0.99% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Please help us help your language by localising and proof reading at translatewiki.net. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM 18:04, 1 Nōvema 2009 (UTC)
- Currently 38.55% of the MediaWiki messages and 1.04% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Please help us help your language by localising and proof reading at translatewiki.net. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM 13:51, 14 Tisema 2009 (UTC)
- Currently 38.39% of the MediaWiki messages and 0.98% of the messages of the extensions used by the Wikimedia Foundation projects have been localised. Please help us help your language by localising and proof reading at translatewiki.net. This is the recent localisation activity for your language. Thanks, GerardM 13:43, 25 Sānuali 2010 (UTC)
- PS Please help us complete the most wanted messages..
How can we improve the usability for your language [fatuʻi vahe]
We expect that with the implementation of LocalisationUpdate the usability of MediaWiki for your language will improve. We are now ready to look at other aspects of usability for your language as well. There are two questions we would like you to answer: Are there issues with the new functionality of the Usability Initiative Does MediaWiki support your language properly
The best way to answer the first question is to visit the translatewiki.net. Change the language to your language, select the “vector” skin and add the advanced tool bar in in the preferences and check out the new functionality. And make some changes in your user page. When there is a need to improve on the localisation, please make the necessary changess . It should update your localisation straight away. We would like you to report each issue individually at http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Usability_issues.
When there are problems with the support of MediaWiki for your language, we really want to know about this. It is best to report each issue separately. In this way there will be no large mass of issues to resolve but we can address each issue on its own. Consider issues with the display of characters, the presentation of your script, the position of the side bar, the combination of text with other languages, scripts. It is best to try this in an environment like the prototype wiki as it provides you with a clean, basic and up to date environment. The prototype wiki is available for five languages but you can select any of them, change the preferences to your language and test out MediaWiki for your language.
We would like you to report each issue individually at http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Language_issues. The issues you raise will all be assessed. It is important to keep each issue separate, because this will make it easier to understand the issues and find solutions.
PS This text has been approved by Naoko, Brion and Siebrand. Thanks, GerardM 19:55, 30 Sēpitema 2009 (UTC)
Greetings [fatuʻi vahe]
Hi, I'm new here. My home wiki is id.wp (greetings from Indonesia!). I'm planning to help monitor the recentchanges here. Thanks. Bennylin 06:33, 3 Fēpueli 2011 (UTC)
- recovered --Tauʻolunga 05:28, 3 Nōvema 2011 (UTC)